Dan Zrobok • almost 6 years ago
Will the judges scorecards ever get released?
I'm going to assume no because I don't really believe this contest was ever on the up-and-up.
1) Contest submission extension granted for no reason (servers were always up and functional)
2) Bronze Winner steals random pictures off the internet but isn't disqualified. Multiple rule violations.
3)The winner videos are more marketing than actual functionality. We were asked to demonstrate functionality, not to create a commercial.
4) Bronze winner is literally a picture and a text box. Where's the innovation?
5) I'm not convinced any app was actual run by anyone on the ChallengePost side. Testflight shows my app may have been run once for one minute since submission to ChallengePost.
6) Videos over 5 minutes are allowed even thought the official contest rules say they're not (response: it's just a suggestion).
7) Completely ambiguous judging criteria never fully outlined.
I recommend to anyone that ever thinks about participating in a contest like this in the future, to understand that the rules are arbitrary and will change for no reason at any time. Don't bother.
Comments are closed.